Johnson County Resources
Early Head Start 817-645-2717
515 Santa Fe St., Cleburne
Alvarado Helping Hands
Provides support and services to low income and other struggling people who live in Eastern Johnson County Texas including Alvarado, Lillian, Venus, and Grandview Texas by providing free food, clothing and other necessities of life. Call the agency at (817) 783-2701.
Children and Family Institute
Help Find Housing, Baby Supplies, Baby Clothes, Diapers & Formula, Clothing, Help Pay For Transit, Transportation, Health Education, Counseling, Government Benefits, Financial Education, Adoption Planning, navigating the system, Help Find School, and Preschool for free.
Call 214-337-9979 to get services.Call 214-337-9979 to get services.
5787 S. Hampton, Ste 360, Dallas, TX, 75232
Open 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Emergency Food Pantry Program by Arlington Urban Ministries (AUM)
701 Dugan St, Arlington, TX, 76010
Open: 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Emergency food pantry program offers a limited pantry of our clients needing food, personal hygiene items and things like diapers, detergent, shoes, socks and blankets free of cost. We provide 1-2 days of food for each family, as well as sack lunches for the homeless. Food Pantry, Diapers & Formula, Home Goods, Blankets & Fans, Personal Care Items, Meals
Eligibility: Must have a picture ID to receive food.
FAD (FORMUA AND DIAPERS) by First Presbyterian Church Of Fort Worth Foundation
FAD (Formula And Diapers) Program helps meet the needs of families with infants and toddlers. Church volunteers distribute the diapers and formula to members of our community in need at Community Crossroads on the third Monday morning of every month free of cost.
Food and Clothing available 9:00-11:00. Two bags twice a month, three days a week for sack lunch,
Food Pantry- First Wednesday 6-7:30, Third Tuesday 6-8, Wednesday and Thursday 11:30-1:30
Formula (have to show WIC card)
Diaper (have to show birth certificate); 3rd Monday
Dental- advocate (aka service coordinator in ECI/S) has to call for family to schedule
1516 Hemphill, Fort Worth, TX, 76104
Call Community crossroads 817-921-3955 for more info
Open: 08:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Community Partners of Johnson County
DFPS caseworkers investigating abuse can apply for formula, free diapers, and more for the kids. They also can get medical support and legal aid if needed.
1501 N Robinson St
Cleburne, TX 76030
Next Step Women’s Center – Pregnancy Services
Address is 250 NW Tarrant Ave Ste J
Burleson, Texas 76028
Main phone 817-295-4101
Domestic or Intimate Partner Violence
Johnson County Family Crisis Center
The mission of the Johnson County Family Crisis Center is to be the expert resource and service provider in eliminating domestic and sexual violence in Johnson County, Texas.
Johnson County Family Crisis Center provides the following types of services:
A safe place
- We provide crisis intervention/advocacy/support services 24-hours a day during and after the immediate crisis of domestic or sexual violence
- No appointment necessary for immediate face-to-face crisis intervention and advocacy services. Call the 24-hour hotline at 1-800-848-3206 or 817-641-2332 for more information.
- Help remove you and your family from potentially dangerous situations
- Provide hospital, legal, medical accompaniment and advocacy
Information and Referral Services
- Provide access to community resources
- Offer guidance concerning the options available to suit your specific needs
Prevention education and community partnerships
- Help you recognize abuse and violence in relationships
- Provide the community the tools and expertise needed to end the cycle of violence
- Engage community assistance to end domestic and sexual violence
Violence intervention programs
Operation Blessing of Johnson County
This non-profit organization offers food, clothing, prescriptions, financial assistance for expenses such as rent and utility bills, and funds to pay other bills. The faith-based group ties to cover expenses that are necessities of life. The agency also provides counseling services from the Venting Place. It addresses everything from budgeting, debt assistance programs, anger management, credit repair, chemical dependency and even marriage counseling. (817) 645-8511, or read Operation Blessing in Johnson County.
Johnson County Salvation Army
Programs that will assist the low income, elderly, and other clients with paying for their food, utilities and energy bills, housing expenses such as rent, clothing, propane, prescriptions, and transportation expenses. (817) 558-1296. More on Salvation Army Johnson County Texas.
Bono Baptist Food Pantry
6349 Bono Rd, Godley
County Life SDA Church Mobile
1001 Highland Rd, Cleburne
4th Wednesday of every month, 3:30pm-4:30 pm
St. Mark United Methodist Church
1109 W. Henderson St., Cleburne
Field St. Baptist Church
306 N. Field St., Cleburne
The Salvation Army, Cleburne
111 S. Anglin St., Cleburne
Westhill Church of Christ
401 E. Henderson St., Cleburne
105 George St., Cleburne
201 East First St., Keene
3rd Saturday of every month, 1pm-4pm
First United Methodist Church
114 Paula Dr, Joshua
Joshua Seventh Day Adventist Church
1912 Conveyor Dr, Joshua
Alvarado Helping Hands
404 N. Parkway, Alvarado
A Change for Christ
205 E. Carver, Alvarado
1st Tuesday of every month, 4pm-6pm
Grandview Food Bank
12801 S. I-35W, Grandview
Alvarado Seventh Day Adventist
908 Church St, Alvarado
First Baptist Church-Burleson
140 N.W. Renfro St, Burleson
Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Program
Provides health care for children with special health care needs. It also covers people of all ages with cystic fibrosis.
1301 S Bowen Rd, Arlington, TX, 76013
City County Transportation
Proves a commuter bus route into downtown Fort Worth and demand-response curb-to-curb public transportation throughout Johnson County.
Cleburne Mon-Fri 7am-8pm, Sat 8am- 5 pm
Burleson Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
All other areas of Johnson County Mon-Fri 6am-6pm.
Call 817-641-1800 or 866-913-1800 to schedule
No charge for children under 5 years of age riding with an adult.
Transportation to and from medical and dental appointments
Eligibility: Receive Medicaid and provide a two-day notice.
Phone: 800-762-6917 or 877-633-8747
Hours: Mon-Fri. 8am-5pm
City of Cleburne Housing Department Cleburne
418 West Henderson
Cleburne, TX 76033
Office hours: Mondays through Fridays 1pm to 5pm
Housing authorities provide decent and affordable housing in a safe and secure living environment for low- and moderate-income residents. Oftentimes they provide section 8 housing choice vouchers for those that qualify for low income housing. Most every housing authority that provides vouchers currently has multiyear waiting lists. Housing authorities also provide low cost apartments for seniors, handicapped persons, single mothers with children, and homeless.
Crazy 8 Ministries
1100 W. FM 917
Joshua Tx 76058
To come alongside families in their broken circumstances by removing suburban poverty barriers, offering them hope and help in Jesus by fully equipping them practically and spiritually for complete rehabilitation and victorious living. We offer 3 phases in our housing programs to help meet your needs, wherever you are in your life.
open Monday through Thursday 11 am to 4 pm. We are NOT a drug/ alcohol rehab program or a Domestic Violence Shelter.
Phase 1 – Triage
Mission: To provide for basic needs while considering God possibilities and the fullness of His design for their life.
- provide safety and refuge
- establish and meet basic needs
- bring order
- understand authority
- assess and evaluate
- present and consider possibilities and potential
- Length of stay: 30-60 days
Phase 2 – Empowerment
Mission: To come alongside families in their broken circumstances, offering them hope and help in Jesus by fully equipping them practically and spiritually for complete rehabilitation and empowered living.
Our Empowerment program, the most sought-after phase, is broken into four six-month progressive semesters, each semester building on the completed previous one. Each resident helps develop their own Individual Spiritual Plan (ISP), and works one-on-one weekly with both a counselor and case manager to ensure program success and victorious living.
- establish mental/emotional/spiritual well being
- establish physical well being
- establish financial well being
- pursue education/career opportunities and advancements
- establish parental health
- secure reliable transportation/housing
- understand stewardship/basic life skills
- Length of stay: up to 2 years
Phase 3 – Integration: Stay to Save
Mission: To help people transition into a place of housing sustainability, offering them affordable housing while simultaneously accumulating personal funds to assist in their next phase.
- provide affordable housing
- to establish savings
- work to establish payment record/credit
- understand financial independence
- Length of stay: up to 1 year
Johnson County Family Crisis Center
PO Box 43
Cleburne, TX 76031
Services: Crisis Shelter, Domestic Violence Hotlines, Domestic Violence Shelters, Sexual Assault Counseling, Sexual Assault Hotlines, Spouse/Domestic Partner Abuse Counseling, Support Groups.
Provides shelter, counseling and support groups for primary and secondary victims of family violence, sexual assault or other types of crime. Also provide education and prevention programs.
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00am – 5:00pm (office hours); 24 hrs./7 days (shelter).
The Family Crisis Center currently offers these services to individuals and families in need:
– 24-Hour Family Violence and Sexual Assault Intervention, Emergency Shelter for qualifying Victims, Individual, Family, and Group Support, Human Service, Information and Referral, Support Groups, Emergency Transportation, Hospital Advocacy, Legal Advocacy – Monthly on site-legal clinic as well, Community Education Programs, 24- hour Crisis Hotline, A secure environment with the comforts of home, Two licensed therapists offering free counseling for adults and children, A Bilingual Advocate, Children’s Progra, Prevention programs for relational abuse and bullying, Parenting support and educational groups (Thursday 9-10:30 am), Domestic violence prevention support groups (Wednesday 9-10:30 am), Anger Management Seminars, Anti-bullying programs for school children