All groups are being cancelled for the remainder of March and we will re-evaluate April activities the week of March 30.
Parent Cafés are FREE! At Parent Cafés, participants have meaningful, guided conversations about what matters most in our families. Child care and food provided!
Take care of Yourself This Year
Parent Cafés are based on the Strengthening Families Framework and the Five Protective Factors
- Parental Resilience
- Social Connections
- Concrete Support in times of need
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development
- Social and Emotional Competence of Children
Join us at our next Parent Café Training:
Parents need friends
When parents have positive, trusted friends in the community they have a support system for meeting both practical and emotional needs
Being a great parent is part natural and part learned. Parenting is a continuous learning process and it’s important to understand normal child development so that we can have reasonable expectations for our children.
Everybody needs help sometimes. Families that can get help when they need it are able to stay strong and healthy. This is a forum to build connections in the community and know that you have support in the community.
Parent Cafés last about 2.5 hours with time for eating and mingling:
- A meal
- One-on-one conversation
- Table conversation
- Debriefing after each section and over all Café
Upcoming Parent Cafés
- August 12 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- August 20 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- August 20 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- August 27 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- September 4 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
This program is partially funded by the following organization/foundation(s)