Parenting can be challenging sometimes and we know that when parents get the help they need, there’s hope for their children. Below is a list of videos, articles and resources that offer support and inspiration. Remember, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Click the plus sign to expand a list of valuable resources in each section.
Emergency Assistance and Social Services Resources
211: Call 211 for information about local resources in your area
Tarrant Cares provides Tarrant County resources for children and families
Social services support (SNAP and CHIP)
Child Care: (CCMS)
Intimate Partner Violence
American Red Cross Website
Poison Control Emergency, Information and Prevention
Great Fall Tips to Help Get Through This Season!
- *NEW* “Building Mighty Families” 2018 Calendar Source:helpandhope.org
- A Parent’s Guide To Raising Healthy, Happy Children Source:hhs.texas.gov
- Teaching Your Child Kindness, Compassion, and Empathy Source: CheckUpNewsRoom.com
- RSV Season Hits Early. What Parents Need To Know. Source: CookChildrens.org
- Fall Fun: Having fun and Staying Safe Source: HelpandHope.org
- Halloween Safety Tips Source: AllianceforChildren.org
- 6 Questions Answered About the Flu Shot Source: CheckUpNewsroom.com
Everyday Tips for the Everyday Parent
- *NEW* Breaking Bad Habits: Source: Check Up News Room
- Parenting Resources Source: DFPS
- Parenting Tips (videos) Source: HelpandHope.org
- Parenting Tips For Those With Newborn Babies (Age 0-2) Source: HelpandHope.org
- Parenting Tips For Those With Toddlers (Age 3-5) Source: HelpandHope.org
- Pets And Your Kids Source: HelpandHope.org
- What To Do Before, During and After Bathing Your Child Source: HelpandHope.org
- Do You Feel Stressed? Here’s 10 Things You Can Do to Quickly Alleviate It! Source: HelpandHope.org
How To Calm a Crying Baby Source: HelpandHope.org
Always Give Babies Room to Breathe When They Sleep Source: DFPS
Room to Breathe brochure Source: DFPS
Ways To Stop Your Child From Being Clingy! Source: HelpandHope.org
The Period of Purple Crying Source: National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome
Baby Boxes for Safe Sleeping Source: The Baby Box Co.
Help in and Transitioning from NICU Source: NICU Helping Hands
Children Like To Explore Their Surroundings. Here’s How To Keep Them Safe!
Sleep, Car and Water Safety Source: DFPS
Why You Should Baby Proof Your Home Source: HelpandHope.org
Keeping Your Kids Safe From Guns! Source: HelpandHope.org
Helmet Safety and Why It’s Important Source: HelpandHope.org
Don’t Leave Your Kids in a Hot Car! It Can Affect Their Health. Source: HelpandHope.org
Online Safety Tips You Need to Know HelpandHope.org
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Milestone Tracker App
CDC’s new, free app for parents and other important care providers offers
- Interactive milestone checklists for ages 2 months through 5 years;
- Milestones illustrated in photos and videos;
- Your child’s milestone summary to share with others;
- Activities that can help your child’s development;
- What to do if you have a concern about your child’s development; and
- Reminders for appointments and developmental screening.